[Happy birthday to ex-Drop Nineteens frontwoman, former Beantowner and current L.A. songstress Paula Kelley … Now, on to the weekend’s festivities:]
Check out LA Weekly’s West Coast Sound for my roundup of weekend outings. Here’s a handful of my favorites in a jam-packed weekend:
‣ The Watson Twins, back from 15 dates last month supporting their new album “Talking to You, Talking to Me,” play the Bootleg Theater. That’s their video for “Savin’ You,” above.
‣ Helen Stellar does Club Underground at the Echo tonight.
‣ Gangi opens for the Clientele at the Echoplex on Saturday.
‣ Red Cortez opens for Alberta Cross and Dead Confederate on Saturday at the Troubadour.
‣ Queen Caveat rocks Spaceland on Saturday.
‣ Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti takes it to the Glass House on Saturday.
‣ And at Spaceland on Sunday, it’s a quartet of newbies all worth checking out – French Miami, Alpine Decline, LA Font and Lesands.