[Rod Stewart, Donald Fagen and Pat Benatar all celebrate birthdays today on this day of ones and zeroes, 01/10/11.]
Tonight’s top touts, and there a lot for Monday:
‣ Two of L.A.’s top up-and-coming bands, the Belle Brigade and the Fling – who are sharing the residency this month at Spaceland – are joined tonight by Everest. Which will make this hard to resist.
‣ White Sea does It’s a School Night at Bardot.
‣ Pictureplane, with Teengirl Fantasy supporting, plays the Central Social Aid & Pleasure Club (hereafter to be abbreviated “the Central”) in Santa Monica. (That’s Teengirl Fantasy’s video for “Dancing in Slow Motion,” above.)
‣ Grouplove continues its Bootleg Theater residency, supported by White Arrows.
‣ In southern climes, Foster the People and Pacific Hurt share the residency at the Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa, where Hands also plays tonight.
‣ And Sabrosa Purr and Moving Picture Show support Cannoneers of the New Command’s residency at the Echo.
Also: Phoenix’s Kinch continuing their residency at the Silverlake Lounge (supported by Kiev and Toy Bombs); Jenni Alpert and Jesse Lynn at the Hotel Cafe; the Benson Interruption at Largo; My Lovely Destruction at the Viper Room; Truly Lover Trio at the Redwood Bar; and Dylan Nichols at the Mint.
Guitar god alert: Ozzy Osbourne and Slash will autograph a 10-foot fiberglass guitar at the House of Blues at 2 p.m. today. It’s part of the Gibson-sponsored “art project” that has stationed some two dozen guitars along the Sunset Strip.