Much ado and much to do on the first Monday day of Shovember:
‣ L.A. quintet Vanaprasta, its debut album “Healthy Geometry” just out last week, kicks off its residency at the Satellite, with Rocco DeLuca, Future Ghost, Newchild and Beatnik Jr. supporting.
‣ Great lineup for the opening night of the Chain Gang of 1974’s residency at the Echo – including the One AM Radio, new Dovecote Records signee Evan Voytas and Death Kit.
‣ Little Hurricane, the blues duo who blew out of San Diego in 2010 and in April released their debut album “Homewrecker,” has the residency at the Bootleg Theater, and Fierce Creatures, American Tomahawk and Maxim Ludwig support on opening night.
‣ Harmony-rich L.A. folk rockers Hi Ho Silver Oh are doing Monday nights at the Silverlake Lounge; the World Record and Tommy Santee Klaws warm up tonight.
‣ And British songstress VV Brown – with a new album “Lollipops & Politics coming in Feburary – performs at It’s a School Night at Bardot. That’s her video for “Children (featuring Chiddy Bang),” above.
Lykke Li at the Fox Theater in Pomona
Psychic Friend and Last American Buffalo at the Hotel Cafe
Lights at the El Rey Theatre
Boots Electric, Light FM and Kate Crash at the Roxy
Roman Candle Wars and Moderne Man at the Viper Room
Dawn Mitschele and Darin Bennett and Requiem at the Mint
The Gromble at the Detroit Bar
Railroad to Alaska (residency) at the Galaxy Theatre’s Constellation Room
Judson McKinney at Tony’s Bar downtown
Adanowsky’s free in-store at Origami Vinyl (7 p.m.)