A new month, a new batch of Monday residencies:
‣ Avant-pop singer Lawrence Rothman [see our post from February] kicks off a month of Mondays at the Bootleg Bar, supported by Cotillon, Steffaloo and Kauf. That’s his video for “Fatal Attraction,” above.
‣ Indie-pop sextet Banta [see last week’s post] launches its residency at the Silverlake Lounge, supported by HC Smith, Basement Babies and Crown Plaza.
‣ At the Echo, it’s retro-psych-rockers Mystic Braves holding down the residency, supported on opening night by Froth, Adult Books and Drinking Flowers.
‣ And pop quartet Mosco Rosco (formerly known as Harper Blynn) plays the Satellite, supported by the Wyld.
‣ On an On head up the lineup at It’s a School Night at Bardot, joined by Pompeya, Walking Shapes and Dead Times.
‣ And College Night at the Getty Center celebrates the exhibitions “A Royal Passion: Queen Victoria and Photography” and Jackson Pollock’s “Mural” with a night that includes tours, food and music from Mystery Skulls and Rivoah.
Shyboy and Kelsey Karter at the Hotel CafÃ©
Gold Star and Tara Fox at Harvard & Stone
YNGCULT, Das Tapes, the Herms, Barbi Crash and E-Train at the Mint
Corey Fogel, Mari, Austin Kowalczyk, Ted Byrnes, Justin Asher, Amelia Radtke, Jesse Marie Carlo-Wagner, Hubbard Jones, Chris Schunk, Bobby Halvorson, Todd Lerew, John Eagle, Danny Wood, Jack Doutt, Max Wanderman and Argenta Walther at Pehrspace (Ex Im Ot #13 Vocal Ensemble Show)
USC Senior Showcase at the Troubadour
Mahi Gato, Malik Pointer, Gabe Tyler, MacDracula and Priscilla Fire at the Viper Room
Sirion at Skinny’s Lounge
Open Mic at El Cid
Britt Warner at Bar Lubitsch
Steel Panther at the House of Blues Sunset Strip
Kenny Burrell at the Catalina Bar & Grill