‣ Banks brings her sensual R&B to the a sold-out Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever in support of her “London” EP. That’s her video for “This Is What It Feels Like” above.
‣ The Fonda has a night of pop-rock with the Maine, Anberlin, Lydia and From Indian Lakes.
‣ The Mowgli’s, Hunter Hunted and Blondfire all make for a stellar night of local bands at the El Rey Theatre.
‣ The only and only Merle Haggard headlines the Saban Theatre.
‣ Third Eye Blind brings a wave of nostalgia over Â the House of Blues (Sunset Strip).
‣ Black/White Iris hosts a “Indie Is Pop” night over at the Satellite where Realities (Matthew Compton of Electric Guest) will feature members of Fool’s Gold, Big Search, Touche and Only You. Matt Kivel (of Princeton) and Cristina Black also join in on the fun.
‣ Toronto-based singer-songwriter Basia Bulat play the Bootleg in support of her latest album “Tall Tall Shadow.” L.A. band Haunted Summer opens.
‣ The Visitors celebrate their debut EP release at El Cid. Ertel, Local Channel and Fleurs help round out the bill.
Ari Hest, Danni Rosner, Kim DiVine and Alexandra Eden at the Hotel Café
Blake Perlman, Professor Possessor and Val Fleury at the Silverlake Lounge
Zebra Katz, Chippy Nonstop and Brrrang-a-Dang at Los Globos
The Greyboy Allstars at the Mint
The Lone Bellow and Ivan & Alyosha at the Troubadour
Colby O’Donis, Danielle Taylor, No Babies No Bullets and Jill & Kate at the Roxy Theatre
Decoded, Mystik, Only on Tuesdays and Death of a Star at the Viper Room
Midnight Coal Company, Stephanie Kay, Ship of the Rising Sun and Girl Fry at the HOB Voodoo Lounge
The Watkins Family Christmas Show at the Largo at the Coronet
Pompous Highmen at Saint Rocke (Happy Hour)
Head for the Hills, Rum Runners and Shaky Feelin’ at Saint Rocke
The Federal Affair at the Federal Bar
Chris Standring and Kathrin Shorr at Vitello’s Jazz & Supper Club
George Kahn Quartet at the Catalina Bar & Grill