Tonight’s top 4 week-starters:
‣ L.A. lost an indie-pop contender last fall when You Me & Iowa decided to call it quits, but from the ashes of that quintet has sprung the Lonely Wild [pictured], a new project from YM&I’s Andrew Carroll and Ryan Ross. Teaming up with Edward Cerecedes, Andrew Schneider and Jenn Talesfore, Carroll and Ross are exploring spaghetti Western-flavored folk-pop – think Spindrift and Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros at the same cookout. The Lonely Wild plays at the Silverlake Lounge tonight, supporting Family of the Year’s residency, along with Wires in the Walls and LA Font.
- ||| Download: “Right Side of the Road” and “Dead End” (e-mail required)
‣ Vanaprasta and Pacific Hurt continue their co-residency at the Echo, with the Black Apples opening.
‣ Eastern Conference Champions continute their residency at Spaceland, with the Color Turning and Death Kit supporting.
‣ And it’s a good one at the RSVP-only It’s a School Night at Bardot, with Everest and Lemon Sun.
Also: Karnivool at the Troubadour; Kevin Earnest at the Hotel Cafe; the Ruby Tigers and Lotan Baba at the Viper Room; James Kenney at the Mint; Halloween Swim Team at Pehrspace; Nations Afire’s residency at the Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa; and Steel Panther and Damato at the Key Club.